Frustrated trying out all hair care treatments and skin care remedies, but nothing is yielding desirable results? So, let me try helping you out with this problem, just go through the following write-up for getting useful information to treat hair and skin related problems.
Importance of Vitamin B12 for Hair and Health
Vitamins are essential for everyone and are good for your health, skin and especially if you want your hair to be healthy and grow faster. Hectic work schedules and oily fast foods have developed utterly poor eating habits. This poor diet is affecting our general health making our hair thinner and skin sensitive.
Hair loss may be due to multiple causes, but it has been proven after much research that hair fall may be due to temporary vitamin deficiency. Vitamin B12 is an excellent supplement to improve overall health thus, giving several health benefits. One of its crucial functions is to keep the nervous system healthy to protect you from Neurodegenerative diseases which can be fatal and incurable. Moreover, vitamin B12 is also needed for the forming of healthy red blood cells as lack of vitamins in the body can cause pernicious anemia.
Getting the right amount of vitamin B12 is essential for your overall health and plays a big role in maintaining a healthy physical condition. Vitamin B12 is also known as Cobalamin, is required for a broad range of biological process in our body. Spirulina is the perfect source of Vitamin B12 and it can be acquired from dairy products, fish, eggs and many more.
Foods That Contain Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B12 is mainly found in animal and fortified foods. For people those who avoid animal products should go for meat alternatives, like soy products.
- Vitamin B12 is present in dairy products like cheese and milk.
- Beef delivers the maximum amount of Vitamin B12.
- Sea foods like lobster, fish, octopus and crab are list of foods that are packed with Vitamin B12. These foods are not eaten on a daily basis but try to include them in your diet if you are having vitamin deficiency.
- Chicken and Eggs are an excellent source of Vitamin B12.
Cereals have a substantial amount of Vitamin B12. Try to start your day with fortified cereals. Choose cereals that have high nutritional value and less sugar.
Symptoms and Signs of Vitamin B12 Deficiency
It is quite difficult to notice Vitamin B deficiency. The common symptoms and signs are general and many people don’t pay much attention and this leads to severe health problems. Some of the common signs of Vitamin B12 deficiency are as follows;
- Excess hair loss
- Gray hair in young age
- Excess hair loss
- Brittle nails
- Itchy and dry skin around the mouth area
- Rash on the genital and face
- Cracked lips especially around the edges
- Fatigue, lack of energy and depression
- Lack of appetite
- Mood swings
- Absent minded
Benefits of Vitamin B12 for Hair
Promotes Hair Growth
One of the notable benefits of Vitamin B12 is that it promotes hair growth. If you are suffering from any hair loss issues then it is important to include lots of vitamin b12 rich foods in your diet.
Prevents Graying of hair
Vitamin B12 can work wonders for those suffering from premature graying of hair. Lack of Vitamin B12 can cause premature graying of hair. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you take sufficient amount of vitamins to avoid such problems.
Our hair go through a process of constant renewal and growth, this is the reason they require sufficient amount of Vitamin B12 for healthy and damage free hair.
Treats Thinning of Hair
Thinning of hair can be a sign of vitamin B12 deficiency. Regular intake of Vitamin B12 can significantly improve your hair problem.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 for Skin
- If you are suffering from any skin problems, or if you are just tired of dealing with acne and dull complexion the cause may be due to Vitamin deficiency.
- It also helps to maintain the youthfulness of the skin and effectively heals damaged and rough skin.
- It prevents hyper-pigmentation by modifying the skin pigment, which will then prevent darkening of the skin.
- Vitamin B12 improves the moisture retention of the skin.
- Vitamin B12 helps to treat eczema effectively.
- One of the most distinctive features of Vitamin B12 is its ability to make the skin smooth and soft but lack of Vitamin b12 can cause premature wrinkles.
Benefits of Vitamin B12 for your Health
- Vitamin B12 is used to treat high homocysteine it is an amino acid which is made from proteins that can lead to severe heart diseases, male infertility and chronic fatigue system.
- Many other health problems like diabetes, depression, bursitis, osteoarthritis can benefit from B12.
- Sleeping disorders like Insomnia can also be effectively treated by regular intake of vitamin B12
- Alzheimer’s disease, tendonitis, memory loss can benefit from Vitamin B12
- Several other conditions like asthma, allergies and bowel syndrome can also be treated by taking Vitamin B12 regularly.
People who are at a high risk for deficiency are chain smokers and vegetarians. People with gastric bypass and poor digestive system are not able to make sufficient vitamin B12 and may profit from B12 supplementation. In order to avoid the health effects due to lack of Vitamin B12, one should ensure that their diet includes food that are excellent sources of vitamin. It is mainly found in animal foods. Thus, regular intake of Vitamin B12 complex can significantly prevents B12 deficiency.
It is very important for you to understand that Vitamin B12 is one of the vital nutrients that have a major impact on your health. To provide support for your immune and nervous system is to include Vitamin B12 in your diet. Without proper intake of vitamins your body’s ability to function will deteriorate. You will not have enough mental, physical and emotional energy needed to survive throughout the day.